Other beer sites of mine
- A lambic FAQ largely based on
Jim Liddil's work.
- A list of web resources for potential beer judges.
(This is for a class I put together years ago. The links are very out of date.)
- A list of importers,
their phone numbers, and what beers they carry. If you are looking
for a special beer, try to find it on the list, call that importer and
ask what retailers in your area carry it.
- The Worts of Wisdom yeast experiment data.
- Chuck Bernard
(email@example.com) has prepared a two-sided form of the detailed beer flavor descriptors. This
might usefully be laminated and brought to judgings to supplement the
shrinking descriptor list on the scoresheets.
- My grandfather's beermaking instructions from the 1930's. Includes a recipe.
- Some hints on recipe formulation, especially the
mathematical part, and a form that helps to do this
as well as serves as a brewlog.
- A file about calculating yield from mashed grains and about this aspect of recipe formulation called
- An essay about stout, written as an example answer to various Beer Judge Certification Test questions,
text version or newer Word 5.1 for Mac
version. (I made the .rtf to suggest that Netscape dump it to Word but it is really in word format.)
advice and ideas
for doing experimental series of beers to learn the effects of various ingredients.
- A supplement to the Lambic FAQ that I wrote for my homebrewing club. It describes why making lambics is like making
A Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear. (Thanks to Todd Gierman for this analogy.)
- A really boring file about
anatomy and biochemistry as it relates to malting and mashing that I wrote for a Beer Judge Certification Program test study group.
Send me your
on my pages.
You can also go to my
This page last updated on January 31, 2001